Elimination

A study following the elimination of radiolabelled methyl n-butyl ketone in two volunteers, found that the respiratory excretion of 14CO2 peaked four hours after oral dosing (0.1 mg/kg body weight). This then decreased slowly over the following 3 to 5 days. The majority of radioactivity in the urine was excreted within 48 hours and the remainder eliminated within 8 days. The respiratory elimination averaged 39.5% and the urine 26.3% of the dose. The overall recovery of 14C was 65.8% in 8 days. The remainder of the compound was presumed to be involved in further metabolism or stored in fat (DiVincenzo et al., 1978). These figures differ for rats, where 92% of the radioactivity was excreted within six days (DiVincenzo et al., 1977).

The slow elimination of radioactivity after human exposure to radiolabelled methyl n-butyl ketone suggests that accumulation of the neurotoxic metabolite in the body may occur, even with low exposure (Topping et al., 1994).

Peripheral Neuropathy Natural Treatment Options

Peripheral Neuropathy Natural Treatment Options

This guide will help millions of people understand this condition so that they can take control of their lives and make informed decisions. The ebook covers information on a vast number of different types of neuropathy. In addition, it will be a useful resource for their families, caregivers, and health care providers.

Get My Free Ebook


Post a comment